First of all, good job guys, I didn't think we could make it ;P
Our team spent whole lots of time on determining which would be the best way to "take good care" of the naughty, fragile egg. We defined our objective, and developed a tactical plan to achieve it. The problem was we did not come up with an alternative plan, due to time contrain, we decided to try the plan we agreed and give it a shot. The biggest problem I felt we had was labor division. After we thought of the plan, we were executing it out, there's only one guy doing it in the very beginning. not until the last 4 mins, everyone began to work as a team, one connects and cuts the straws on the rare end, one cuts the type, one holds the egg, one fasten the straws with the type onto the egg. We pretty much used the available resource efficiently.
Although we suceeded in "taking good care" of the egg, we could have done it better if the used all available labors in the beginning.
5 comments:
As what you just said, labor division is the biggest problem in your team. However, I think planning before ahead is your team’s biggest problem. So, hopefully your team will have better understand the important of planning after this exercise.
I think there is a difference between class and real life.
In the class room we learn that we should allocate tasks to team member to succeed. Of course, this is the best in long term vision. I think that the distribution of tasks helps people develop motivation, experience, and a strong tie to team members.
However, in real life, I often see only one person work hard, and the project still succeeds especially for small projects. I know it is not fair, but most business goals are not to be fair nor work with team. I think sometime working alone could be the best plan to succeed.
First off, i want to congratulate you all for your success. It was a pretty hard and tricky contest but I'm glad you made it. I wouldn't stress too much about the fact that your team members didn't come together to work like a true team but in the end the results are all that matter. Sometimes i like to live my life by the saying " the purpose excuses the means " You guys got 5 points on the exam and we didn't :(
I love how you described your egg as "naughty"!
First all, congratulation to your guys. It was a tricky group works although we can do "hanging" instead of "dropping" the egg, but we didn't know we can all the way. i think you guys are smart, you guys actually did little "hanging" tho. Anyway, very nice jobho
Post a Comment