I think the blog is a pretty good tool for the class. First the blog provide us with oppotunity
to socialize with classmates, in a virtue world, of course. Second, if everyone utilize the blog efficietly, it would be very interesting. Students can post whatever they think, their feelings, opinion about our class, our classmates, and even our professor, and the problems they encounter during the semester, students can have all of these posted online and share with others.
One thing I suggest is, I had a hard time looking for what our professor's blog address. This problem was not solved until I emailed my classmates and asked what it was. I do suggest professor to have his blog address readily available on BB. Also, since everyone is writing and replying each other's blog, I do think that our professor need to reply on everyone's blog, at least once per student.
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hello, I read about your concern in the comment you posted on the professor's blog under the entry, "Picasso's Top 7 Tips for a Better Life." The following is the comment I responded on another student's blog that you might find helpful:
When you make the decision to find a career or to do anything, forget about the external factor, such as money or other material reward, for a while, and think about the inherent factor to why a human being in the world have to work.
Imagine in a world in the near future where society does not use money at all, and that you can live comfortably without ever have to use money, at the same time in that world you are allow choose to work in a profession that you would like to or you can create your own profession, what would that profession be?
All I am asking you is to reflect and look internally into your heart, find what is in there and take it out, set it on fire with spark. I want you to follow your heart, and throw your entire self into it. That spark that you put into building up the fire is your passion, and that is what make you accelerate, moving faster, continue going, and keep you alive at the same time.
Since you can not look into the future and connect the dots forward, but only can look to the past and connect the dots of events backward, you might as well throw your whole self and everything you have into doing something you like to capture the future and make your own history.
Everything you do now have a consequential effect on your future, but you would not know until you look backward.
In that case, in anything you do, you really have to do something you love, whether it is for looking for a career, for a lover, or other thing in life. Do not settle. Do not settle for something less of what you love or even you do not like, do not give up, keep going until you find what you love.
Just as you would not settle and marry a person you do not love and live with that person 50, 60, 80 years or for the rest of your life, you should not settle for a job or something you do not love. I am not telling you to look for "the perfect one." No human being is perfect, so is true for any job or life itself. However, you have to find what you love, one that you love so much that even if there is imperfection you would still love it with all your heart.
Thanks, man. You're right. I've been living under people's expectation, guess that's partly why I often feel stressed out, and it affect my mood, and the way I perceive and do things. Ah, I guess i'll just need to re-organize my way of life a little.
Now I actually think the description "Drawn Fish" do describes me somehow, you know.
It’s exciting to finally find a positive comment about the blog. Yes, I agree with you that the blog is a great both as a communication tool between classmates and also for ones who weren’t familiar with this wonderful feature before. To me, not to say that I have ever enjoyed it too much but it was definitely a positive reinforcement to achieve a desirable behavior such as sharing my thought, feeling and assessment on different issues by putting them "on paper". In other words, practicing our writing skills is so important and many of us so often tend to forgo it…….
Best ,
Tal Koppel
Post a Comment