My problem is how to manage my spare time, especially when I am at home. Supposedly, as a student, a third year college student who is taking six courses in a semester, is to spend a considerable amount of time doing his/her academic work. Not me. The fact is, I do most readings on the train, and some in the library. I find it really difficult to spend time on reading or writing when I am at home, even I have nothing to do. When I am at home, most of the time I stick around with the computer, checking emails, viewing and paying financial accounts, reading news, etc, and of course, browsing deal discount websites, and shopping. Doing these could easily take me more than two hours a day. I just can’t calm my mind to get myself into readings. Also, my part time job pretty much takes away my weekends, coming back from work around 11, I feel just flat out, hardly have any ‘appetite’ to ‘digest’ schoolwork.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Have you ever considered laying out a "time budget"? Sometimes when time is sparse, I like to make little excel spreadsheets with everything I need to do within a certain time frame. It helps me to focus better. Then again, you would need to find the time to do this!
Creating time budgets are definetly helpful, but first you need to have things that you want/need to do. I think that if you can manage to do well in your classes without doing studying at home on your spare time, that's absolutely great. You should take advantage of that and just enjoy yourself! Since I'm always overwhelmed with my studies/work/sorority, I wish that I could just sit in front of the computer and browse the internet. So I dont think there's any problem with "relaxing" on your free time. There's no need to be productive 24/7, everyone needs a rest, provided that it's balanced with working hard on other times, which you seem to do o nthe train and library.
Oh man, I have the same propensity to waste time at home, especially in front of the computer.
With regards to time planning or "time budget," watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH3zv-xjjzU
Actually, I have to same kinds problem when I at home. I feel bore, tire and want to go to sleep when I am home. So, basically I don’t want to do anything when I am free. Probably I have to change this bad habit in order to do better at school.
The computer, and email, IM are all great, but i agree with you, they can be quite a distraction.
I have exactly the same problem, I can't do absolutely nothing productive at home. So what I do is go to the library to study even if I don't have any classes that day. Knowing you're going somewhere with the set purpose will help, especially because there is no computers around.
Post a Comment